- Humor. This has to be the best part of being human. The ability to find humor in the world. I love finding that there is joy in sadness. Laughing so hard that you cry is an amazing feeling. Try it, you will like it.
- Pain. Yeah, I know, humor and then pain. It goes hand in hand with humor. There is always pain in life but what we do after the pain is life. Losing a loved one, we find the strength to keep living. Relationships end, we find new ways to love. Losing a job, finding a better one. Pain makes us alive.
- Compassion. I have learned a lot about compassion this year. Finding ways to help people in our families and in our communities. Embracing the differences and learning tolerance. Still working on all of that.
- Determination. Finding ways to make things happen but doing it in a way that makes sense in our lives. Supporting other people in those journeys.
- Forgiveness. This is one that we all need to do better. Forgiveness does not let others off the hook. It just gives you peace. Judgement has no place in our lives but people will still do it. We can forgive them their limitations. It will bring us peace and does not encourage others to continue.
Rose Swearingen is a passionate public speaker and loves to journal about whatever comes to mind. Check out previous posts at Committed Cutie.